Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Across the Universe

If you haven't seen Across the Universe yet, go rent it now. It is beautiful. I hate to use the description of "Musical" because then I think of a bunch of theatrical dorks running around signing show tune. But it is a musical. But the music is all Beatles songs. Each song is unique to the original and beautifully sung. The actors are all unknowns and their voices are good, but they aren't great. Which is another reason why I like it so much. They are everyday kids who can carry a tune. One voice who's stands out is definitely T.V. Carpio. When she sings "I want to hold your hand" it just makes your surroundings disappear as you melt into her voice. I think John Lennon would be extremely proud of these kids for pulling off such an important movie.

No comments: